Business Link North Carolina (BLNC) is an extension of NC Dept. of Commerce. They are here to help answer questions about your business before, during and after a storm.
Contact BLNC at 800-228-8443 or email them at BLNC@edpnc.com.
Please note that if electricity is lost, you will be unable to get through. You can instead submit a web request here.
Business Recovery Intake Form
Please use the download link below in order to save and fill out the Business Recovery Intake Form. Once the form is complete, email your .pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that you include “Business Recovery Intake Form” in the email subject line.
Top 5 Things To Do Before a Storm:
1. Stay Calm – Locate your business insurance policy, phone number, and agent.
2. Gather Important Documents – This includes any files not online, such as client agreements.
3. Have an Alternate Location – Make arrangements for an alternate location and update staff and customers.
4. Communicate – Internal/External: Out of office information and when you will provide next updates.
a. Do you have an updated list of employees/part-time employees emails and cell phone numbers?
b. Do you have a client list of emails and phone numbers?
c. Review all coming and going shipments, and make arrangements.
5. Gather Office Equipment – This can include cell phones, chargers (car and electrical chargers), laptops and/or thumb drives.
Remember, keep things simple. Write down your plan, share it with another person and obtain help.
NC Emergency Management – ncdps.gov/ncem
NC Department of Transportation – ncdot.org/traffictravel
NC Department of Insurance – ncdoi.com
Federal preparedness and recovery website – ready.gov
SBA Disaster Preparedness – agilityrecovery.com
Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety – disastersafety.org
Recovery Guides and Resources – sbpusa.org/start-here
NC Department of Public Safety Public Housing – ncdps.gov
U.S. Department of Agriculture – www.usda.gov