EDPNC is currently seeking a Business Development Manager to drive the performance of the EDPNC Business Development team in identifying, developing, and managing corporate recruitment prospects involving domestic companies considering new operations in the U.S. market. This position will focus primarily on investment opportunities in the U.S., and secondarily on managing the relationship with the foreign direct investment promotion office in China.
Roles & Responsibilities
– Identify high-growth industry sectors and companies for North Carolina to prioritize for corporate recruitment and prospecting purposes.
– Promote North Carolina as a business location to corporate decision-makers through marketing events, conferences/forums, and one-on-one meetings.
– Drive the relationship with EDPNC’s business development representation in China from contractual, reporting, strategic, and other perspectives, as well as acting as the designated NC-side intake and support for leads and projects from the Greater China area, traveling to that region as necessitated by the aforementioned duties.
– Proactively engage corporate decision-makers at industry conferences, trade shows, and other related events.
– Follow industry news and respond to opportunities by positioning North Carolina for consideration by companies that are evaluating new facility locations.
– Develop strategic partnerships with other North Carolina associations and organizations, as well as other businesses (e.g. service providers in law, construction, banking, and other related sectors) to increase the generation of deal flow.
– Engage local economic development partner organizations through speaking engagements on subject matter issues, cooperative marketing trips, and other activities designed to facilitate the ability of partners to promote their communities and regions to corporate decision-makers involved in expansion planning.
– Learn and leverage current trends in investment, including understanding the most active sectors and source regions for new investments.
– Provide project management support as needed for business recruitment projects however those projects are sourced.
– Serve as a representative for the organization, e.g., speaking engagements to various stakeholder groups.
– Prepare on behalf of the Business Development team presentations to the EDPNC board and other EDPNC stakeholder groups as needed.
– Other duties as the supervisor deems necessary.
– Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Key Performance Metrics
– Number of qualified corporate recruitment project leads that are identified, developed, and transferred to the Business Recruitment team. (“Qualified project” refers to companies with an expressed interest in North Carolina and the firm intention of locating a new operation in the state within the next 18 to 24 months.)
– The number of qualified corporate recruitment projects leads further developed and closed-won by the Business Recruitment team.
– The number of closed-won project leads locating in Tier 1 and Tier 2 counties.
Skills & Qualifications
– Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in related fields such as business, marketing, economics, finance, public policy, etc
– Minimum 3 years’ experience in business development in the public and/or private sector
– Fluency in a foreign language (particularly in Chinese) and/or overseas business experience is preferred
– Ability to interface professionally with senior-level business and government executive
– Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentations to outside audiences
– Strategic thinking
– Culturally intelligent and sensitive
– Strong organizational skills and follow-up
– Ability to act quickly and efficiently in carrying out the functions of the position
– Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external to the organization
– Customer service-focused attitude and behavior
How to Apply
This is a full-time position in our new downtown Raleigh, NC office. A competitive salary, performance-based bonus, and benefits package will be offered commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter and copy of your résumé to Nikki Yawn, Human Resources Specialist, at Nikki.Yawn@edpnc.com. The position will remain open until filled.