The Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina (EDPNC) oversees business recruitment and expansion, international trade, small business/start-up support, and tourism promotion for the State of North Carolina. We work closely with the NC Department of Commerce and other state agencies; local economic development organizations and tourism offices, and a variety of public and private partners to attract new jobs and investment to the State.
We are seeking qualified candidates for an International Trade Intern, who will work collaboratively with members of our International Trade team to raise awareness of North Carolina as the premier state for exports and to highlight the successes of those companies already thriving in the state.
This is an exciting opportunity for a student or recent graduate looking to contribute to the growth of North Carolina’s economy, all the while gaining resume-building experience in international trade and export assistance.
Roles & Responsibilities
As EDPNC’s International Trade Intern, you will be responsible for:
• Working with EDPNC’s Marketing Team to provide International Trade Division content, key dates, data points, etc., for social media posts.
• Collaborating with Marketing Team on content ideas for quarterly Export NC newsletter
• Supporting our Grants Manager in identifying and developing content that highlights success stories of small- to medium-sized exporters around North Carolina.
• Working with International Trade Director to analyze and refine CRM account data.
• Working with Operational Manager to automate processes of our trade assistance workflows into CRM.
Skills & Qualifications
• Possess strong critical thinking, research, and analytical skills and strong writing skills
• Team player
• Highly organized with good project management skills
• Ability to be self-directed, prioritize responsibilities, seek input, problem-solve, and perform multiple tasks with varying deadlines
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite strongly preferred
How to Apply
This is a paid internship with a minimum of 12 hours per week. The internship will start out as virtual and could possibly transition to our Raleigh office beginning in July 2021. The anticipated start date is Tuesday, June 1st, 2021. If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to Nikki Yawn at Nikki.Yawn@edpnc.com. The application deadline is May 7th, 2021.