The Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina (EDPNC) is searching for a marketing and communications intern for Fall 2019. This is a part-time, paid opportunity for a student looking for an exciting opportunity to contribute to the growth of North Carolina’s economy, all the while gaining a ton of resume-building experience in marketing, public relations, and event coordination.
EDPNC recruits new businesses to the state, helps those already here grow their operations, counsels entrepreneurs and small business owners, and promotes the state as a tourism destination.
Roles & Responsibilities
As Marketing and Communications Intern, you will:
– Contribute to EDPNC social media efforts by scheduling relevant posts that inspire conversation, and encourage sharing across our audiences.
– Work with EDPNC’s marketing team and agency to develop an editorial calendar to help identify content opportunities and guide messaging throughout the year.
– Support our PR and communications team in the development of content that highlights success stories of companies and communities around North Carolina.
– Work with EDPNC’s marketing events manager to promote events and coordinate travel plans and other key logistics for major events.
– Update content on EDPNC.com using WordPress.
Skills & Qualifications
– Strong, creative writing skills
– Firm grasp of available tools and platforms for social media. Experience posting on behalf of an organization a plus, but not necessary.
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel required. Knowledge of graphic design principles and experience using Adobe InDesign and/or Illustrator a plus.
– Ability to contribute to multiple areas as needed, from writing to event planning
– Team player with a positive attitude
– Pursuit of degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field preferred
How to Apply
This is a part-time paid internship in our Cary, NC office with the potential to continue into the spring semester. If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to Nikki.Yawn@edpnc.com by Friday, August 30th. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Friday, August 30th