The Senior Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing programs for the EDPNC that support the organization’s efforts to attract businesses and talent to North Carolina and provide expansion services to businesses already in the state. The Senior Marketing Manager will work closely with the marketing and research teams as well as with sales/business units to identify marketing opportunities, build the North Carolina and EDPNC brands, and support lead generation and business development across our divisions. The Senior Marketing Manager will have ownership of the organization’s campaigns from inception through analysis of results, with responsibility for the development of consistent marketing communications messaging and branding.
Roles & Responsibilities
– Develop, execute, and manage marketing strategies across multiple channels and platforms (traditional, digital, and emerging media) in support of the overall strategic marketing plan.
– Work with agency and internal teams to lead creative development processes, ensuring cohesive messaging and adherence to brand standards across channels and platforms.
– Apply solid knowledge of marketing tools and best practices to provide counsel to internal “clients” at EDPNC, particularly related to effective use of email marketing, e-newsletters, social media, search marketing, and direct response.
– Collaborate with internal and external partners to develop integrated programs in support of EDPNC core activities, including marketing support for investor relations, cooperative marketing and advertising efforts with local economic development organizations, and strategic partnerships and sponsorships.
– Maintain a results orientation for all marketing initiatives: provide analysis of outcomes and recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness, and optimize return on investment.
– Monitor competitive activity, messaging, and strategies as well as economic development and destination marketing industry trends. Use insights gained to make recommendations for the improvement of EDPNC’s marketing strategies and messaging.
– Develop and manage the budget for marketing activities, monitoring creative development, media, and other marketing program expenses. Ensure timely processing of invoices and tracking of budgeted expenses.
– Work collaboratively with marketing and research teammates utilizing their expertise in event marketing, digital marketing, communications, content development, and graphic design to produce best-in-class, integrated programs, and marketing materials.
Skills & Qualifications
– Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in marketing, communications or related field of study.
– 4+ years of experience in marketing, brand management or advertising management required (agency- or client-side)
– A communications professional committed to delivering consistent, high-quality work, whether on paper or in presentation.
– Customer service-focus and behavior; a proactive, responsive, and accountable team-player.
– Experience leading projects across multi-functional teams with demonstrated influencing skills.
– A problem solver – someone who thinks creatively and brings solutions; shows mature judgment and discretion.
– A student of marketing and advertising who keeps up with emerging platforms, tools, and methods; curious and a facile learner.
How to Apply
This is a full-time position in our downtown Raleigh, NC office. However, due to the current pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. A competitive salary, performance-based bonus, and benefits package will be offered commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter and copy of your résumé to Nikki Yawn, Human Resources Specialist, at Nikki.Yawn@edpnc.com. The position will remain open until filled.