This Event Has Passed.
This seminar examines new export security requirements for all exporters. Participants will have an 11-point checklist to guide them through full compliance on every export, and an understanding of common red flags. They will review the 5 questions that companies are required to know about their customer in every export transaction and will discuss strategies on how to implement these into their organization. Specific tools and instructions on how to begin building a secure and compliant department and company will be comprehensively laid out.
Topics covered will include:
- Using due diligence reviewing the 7 lists from denied parties to sanctioned countries;
- Knowing your customer – asking these 5 questions to identify common red flags;
- Terms of sale vs. terms of payment and using the correct incoterm;
- Country specific requirements including legalization, pre-shipment inspection, and wood packaging;
- Export documentation – what is required to complete and to retain;
- When an export license is required
- Where to go to qualify for NAFTA
- Determining if the HTS # is correct and where to find this information;
- Insurance, packaging, record keeping- strategies and responsibilities.
What you’ll receive: All course materials will be provided.
Event Date & Location: November 9, 2017 in Hickory (venue TBD)
Funding Source: Eligible companies can send 1 company employee at no charge. Additional attendees will each need to pay a $250 registration fee directly to Allocca Enterprises.