This Event Has Passed.
Join us from 10:00 am to 11:00 am for a webinar on HTS/Schedule B Classification.
The HTS/Schedule B Classification webinar will provide attendees with a greater understanding of import and export classification numbers. Upon completion, attendees will know where to go for help and what to look for regarding their company’s product(s).
The topics covered in this webinar will include:
- Understanding how, why, and when the Harmonized Tariff Schedule was created.
- Learning what the General Rules of Interpretation (GRI) are and how they are used on every classification.
- Reviewing the roles of a customs broker, freight forwarder and importer/exporter of record.
- Learning the difference between a Schedule B & HTS number.
- Understanding how to use the CROSS- Customs ruling on-line search system.
- Reviewing instructor & CBP based specific classification examples.
- Reviewing chapter 98 for proper U.S. Goods returned/repairs/warranty classifications.
- Learning the abbreviations for commodity classification and units of quantity/measure.
- Understanding the difference between duty, user fees, and antidumping/countervailing duties.
NASBITE-CGBP Re-Certification CEU is available for this course upon completion.