This Event Has Passed.
May 25, 2023
Join us Thursday, May 25 for a webinar on International Banking. Upon completion of this program, you will understand how to use a Letter of Credit and how it can manage risk and exposure for your business, specific strategies and tools to use when beginning a negotiation with an international client, and how you can integrate incoterms strategically.
Topics covered in this webinar:
- What is a Letter of Credit (L/C): confirmed, irrevocable, stand by, back-to-back.
- What are the options: time, sight, drafts.
- L/C negotiation: understanding role of issuing, advising, confirming, and negotiating banks.
- L/C documentation: Who is responsible for creation and accuracy of proforma invoices, insurance or inspection certificates, choosing terms of sale? What is the bank’s role with these documents?
- Common L/C discrepancies: expiry dates/import licenses/certificates of origin/payable at sight of US bank.
- Definitions of all terms and parties, such as applicant, beneficiary, T/T, documentary collection.
Specific strategies and templates to use when negotiating a L/C.