How many times have you shipped to Canada/Mexico and simply filled out a USMCA Proof of eligibility based on your customers’ instructions? Did you have any supporting documentation showing how you researched the rules of origin and obtained any manufactures affidavits proving your goods qualify for USMCA? Have you documented your research on your bill of materials as to how your goods qualify? Do you know if your goods have a duty associated with them or where to go to get this information?
This program will help you be in full compliance with all USMCA regulations. You will know where to go and what to look for to be able to determine if your products qualify for the benefits of USMCA. Most companies are exposing themselves unnecessarily to USMCA penalties. In some cases your goods have low or zero duty already and therefore no need to expose your company to potential USMCA violations or to fill out a USMCA proof of eligibility if your goods do not qualify.
• Specific Rules of Origin – How to determine if your product qualifies
• USMCA Proof of Eligibility – Common errors, when you should/ shouldn’t fill one out.
• Understand preference criteria A-D. How to determine which one your goods qualify for.
• Producer vs. exporter what are the rules.
• Supporting documentation – How do you obtain one, and when should you use a manufacturer’s affidavit.
• Formulas for determining regional value content or a change in tariff classification.
• De Minimis – What does this mean, why is it important to you.
• Fungible goods and materials – What are they how does this affect you?
• HS tariff classification- Is your code accurate, where do you get one?