This Event Has Passed.
February 17, 2022
ITAR – International Traffic in Arms Regulation – This class is ideal for beginners and new to ITAR. It is also a refresher course for those who have never had any formal training in ITAR. This program will help you understand what ITAR is and how it may govern your defense-related exports. We will go through an overview of ITAR starting with what products can be subject to ITAR through the application and registration process and then finish up with licensing and other areas of control. At the end of the program, you will have an understanding of what is required and where to go for assistance. You will have a copy of the ITAR regulations and complete reference material moving forward. If your company is involved with military and defense articles and services you don’t want to miss this program.
– Understanding your role and responsibility as an exporter of defense products, services, and technical data.
– Learning who is a U.S. person and who is subject to ITAR.
– Learning what is the U.S. Munitions List (USML) and how to look up your product.
– Review different license types, exemptions, and what to expect if you require a license.
– What is D-Trade and how do I use it. What is involved in the application process and how much time will it take.
– Record-keeping requirements
– What are they and strategies on how to comply.
– Understanding how to comply with manufacturing license and technical assistance agreements.
– How to avoid violations, penalties, and administrative procedures.