The North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) works closely with the North Carolina Department of Commerce to provide transportation improvements and infrastructure that will expedite industrial/commercial growth and provide new jobs or retain existing ones. Projects must be approved by both the Secretary of Transportation and the Secretary of Commerce.
Funds may be awarded up to $2,500 per new job, with a $400,000 limit per project. To be eligible for funding, the project must have met the following criteria:
- Right-of-way must be provided at no cost to the NCDOT;
- Utility relocations must be accomplished at no cost to the NCDOT;
- New access roads will be along an NCDOT-approved alignment serving multiple property owners or government-owned property. These new roads will become a part of the state highway system or serve as a public road maintained by a governmental agency, and
- New industrial access roads will terminate at the property line of the facility.
Funds may be used for:
- Highway projects
- Aviation projects at publicly owned airports
- Rail or marine public access projects
Basic Requirements for Eligibility
Projects should contribute to economic growth and development by attracting new and expanding companies that will increase employment opportunities for North Carolina citizens.
For more information about the Joint Economic Development Program with North Carolina Department of Transportation, contact the Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina at (919) 447-7744 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina does not award or administer this incentive. All economic development incentives are awarded and administered by the North Carolina Department of Commerce.