State Trade Expansion Program
Let Us Invest in your Exporting Ambitions
Money available to help you grow your business overseas
The State Trade Expansion Program (STEP) is specifically designed to help small businesses in North Carolina fund costs associated with international trade. As a qualifying participant in STEP, you can be reimbursed for thousands of dollars of expenses that your business would normally have to pay out-of-pocket. Because it’s grant money, you are under no obligation to repay any amount. In other words, the cost of doing business internationally becomes much less costly.
QUALIFYING EXPORTERS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR UP TO $16,000 IN REIMBURSEMENTS FOR BUSINESS-BUILDING ACTIVITIES SUCH AS:
- for eligible travel associated with coexhibiting in an EDPNC booth at a tradeshow
- for booth costs for exhibiting at a qualifying trade show
- for qualifying export services and marketing media which aid in reaching foreign markets
- for qualifying website localization and e-commerce fees
- for qualifying EXIM credit insurance fees
- for qualifying marketing lead subscriptions
- for qualifying US Commercial Service Export Services
If you are interested in a STEP application, please contact your current international trade manager. To learn more about the STEP program or need export assistance, please complete the form below.
Eligible companies must: be organized or incorporated in the US; operate in the state of North Carolina; meet the SBA’s size standards for a Small Business Concern (typically 500 employees or less); have been in business for no less than 1 year; be in good standing with the federal government (have not been debarred); be an export-ready US company seeking to export goods or services of US origin or have at least 51% US content; and have access to sufficient resources to bear the costs associated with trade.
Download the STEP Flyer to learn more.