Join the Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina (EDPNC) and President of Allocca Enterprises, Inc., Mike Allocca, for an export education workshop entitled Export Compliance 201. This program will help attendees better understand how to be in full compliance with a host of US export/import regulations. Attendees will learn the proper standards by which to determine the origin and begin to label the origin of their items. Most companies use incorrect values on their commercial invoices, EEI’s, and other documents to “help” a foreign customer. Attending this free program can help your staff learn how to properly handle valuations on drop shipments, samples, warranties, repairs, and replacements for customs purposes. Come and learn about the FCPA, Successor Liability, and how this affects you.
• Understanding the six (6) ways to Export/Import Duty Free
• Determining the Country of Origin vs. Marking the Origin
• Exporting Samples, Warranties, Repairs & Replacements
• Proper Customs Valuation as well as Transfer Pricing with Related Parties
• Three (3) Drop Shipment Scenarios with Proper Customs Values & Documents; why most companies are conducting at least one of these drop shipments incorrectly on their export paperwork
• Learning more about the FCPA- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
• Successor Liability – how this affects you
• Best Practices of Successful Companies
NASBITE-CGBP Re-Certification CEU’s available for this course upon completion.
*Please note all event dates and times are subject to change. Events may become virtual or be rescheduled.