This Event Has Passed.
Please join the Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina (EDPNC) for a free webinar, led by Mike Allocca of Allocca Enterprises, to learn about Export Controls (Licensing).
Have you sent your exports under No License Required (NLR) on your Shippers Export Declaration (SED)? When was the last time you verified that your products do not require a license to export? Did you know that an export can require three licenses including the product, the end user, and the country of final destination? Did you know that violations of the Export Administration Regulations for civil penalties have been increased from $10,000 to $50,000 per violation and criminal penalties have been increased from 10 years in jail to 20 years? If you’re unfamiliar with how to use and check the commerce control list and Export Control Classification Number (ECCN), then this class is for you.
Topics covered in this webinar include:
- Reviewing US export control agencies and how to find them.
- Understanding the three ways an export can be licensed.
- Knowing your customer and asking five mandatory questions.
- Using due diligence reviewing the seven lists from denied parties to sanctioned countries.
- Determining if your product requires a license.
- Understanding ECCN classifications and country chart specific requirements.
- Using the Commerce Control List (CCL).
- Filling out export documentation.
- Applying for a Department of Commerce license.