This Event Has Passed.
Have you always been sending your exports under NLR on your Shippers Export Declaration (SED)? When was the last time you verified that your products do not require a license to export? Did you know that an export can require a license in 3 different ways, the product, the end-user, and the country of final destination? Did you know that export license violations of the Export Administration Regulations for civil penalties have been increased from $10,000 to $50,000 per violation (they can go back up to 5 years) and criminal penalties have been increased from 10 years in jail to 20 years? If you’re unfamiliar with how to use and check the commerce control list and ECCN classification then this class is for you.
- Review U.S. export control agencies and how to find them
- Understanding the 3 ways an export can be licensed
- Knowing your customer – asking these 5 mandatory questions
- Using due diligence reviewing the 7 lists from denied parties to sanctioned countries
- How to determine if your product requires a license
- Understanding ECCN classifications
- ECCN country chart specific requirements
- Reviewing/using the CCL – Commerce Control list
- Sample questions and case study
- Export documentation – what are you required to fill-out and retain
- How do I apply for a Department of Commerce license?
*Please note all event dates and times are subject to change. Events may become virtual or be rescheduled.