EDPNC is seeking a Business Recruitment Manager to serve as a leader in attracting businesses to North Carolina through identifying, cultivating, and managing corporate recruitment prospects/projects considering new operations in North Carolina. Collaborate with colleagues to meet organizational priorities and collaborate with internal/external economic development allies to develop comprehensive responses to RFP’s, site visit agendas, and other various client requests/project requirements.
Roles & Responsibilities
– Work directly with the client’s internal representatives or a professional site selection consultant to manage all stages of a business recruitment project, from initial interest in NC to final location decision.
– Design comprehensive responses to requests for information and address all aspects of a potential project.
– Conduct due diligence examination of a company’s financial and strategic viability.
– Identify real estate options.
– Evaluate labor and supplier availability.
– Resolve infrastructure and permit issues.
– Develop comprehensive state and local proposals outlining potential incentives, tax benefits, etc. in partnership with the NC Department of Commerce and local economic developers.
– Serve as the point of contact for the state of North Carolina, making introductions to state and community officials as needed to meet prospect needs.
– Facilitate and host client visits to the state to evaluate project location opportunities. Visits may include interaction among C-level company executives and senior state officials. Follow up with the client as needed.
– Utilize Salesforce to report and maintain current project activity and news about the client’s strategic operations.
Regional/Community Partner Liaison
– Serve as a state-level point of contact for local economic developers in their pursuit of new business opportunities.
– Participate in locally hosted meetings with prospects.
– Serve as an educational resource regarding state incentives and other state support for projects generated at the local level.
– Encourage the development of strong networks with partners and site location consultants.
– Promote the state’s business opportunities to site location consultants and corporate decision-makers through marketing events, conferences/forums, and one-on-one meetings.
– Participate in cooperative marketing trips with local economic developers in order to promote NC’s regions to site location consultants.
– Other duties as the supervisor deems necessary.
– Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Skills & Qualifications
– Bachelor’s degree required; Prior economic development experience preferred
– Working knowledge of SalesForce CRM system strongly desired
– Must have experience with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
– Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to connect with corporate decision-makers/site location consultants, community leaders and colleagues at the Partnership and the North Carolina Department of Commerce
– Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
– Ability to analyze customer needs, present solutions and add value through the delivery of state incentives and other forms of support
– Ability to manage project management workload, placing top priority on providing fast and accurate information when requested
– Ability to compete in an aggressive yet professional manner
– Knowledge of economic development policies, benefits, and discretionary incentives options at the state and local level
– Diplomacy in serving as an ambassador of the state, remaining non-political as a representative of a public-private recruitment and marketing organization
– Experience leading and winning economic development projects
– Ability to work collaboratively with all team members on the EDPNC staff as well as with key external allies
How to Apply
This is a full-time position in our new downtown Raleigh, NC office. A competitive salary, performance-based bonus, and benefits package will be offered commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter and copy of your résumé to Nikki Yawn, Human Resources Specialist, at Nikki.Yawn@edpnc.com. The position will remain open until filled.